Difficulty: Super Easy
Clean-up: Very light
Active Time: 5 min
Total Time: 55 min
This recipe is healthy, delicious, and delightfully easy to prepare. Clean-up is also very easy, if the tinfoil does not tear. The only drawback is that it takes some in the oven, especially if the sweet potatoes are large. The baking also will warm up your kitchen! I love this dish on fall and winter days.
- Any quantity of sweet potatoes or yams, unpeeled.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. The high heat will caramelize the sugars and make the sweet potatoes super sweet.
- Line a baking pan or sheet with foil.
- Wash and pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Place sweet potatoes on the baking pan and bake until the potatoes are soft and juices run out of poked holes (approx. 50 min). Enjoy!
- According to the CUESA Seasonality Chart, sweet potatoes are best from September to December.