Difficulty: Super Easy
Active Time: 1 minute
Today, I took some inspiration from improv. I asked my husband for the name of an animal and made up movements inspired by the animal. I think this would be a fun exercise game with kids.
- Timer (courtesy of my cell phone)
- Choose an animal (something that moves!) My husband suggested a Tyrannosaurus.
- Set timer for 1 minute.
- Wander around your home like an active version of that animal, until the time sounds! Try to use both your arms and legs.
- Laugh at your own silliness.
- In my version of a Tyrannosaurs, I found myself using my arms a lot and clenching my biceps. I also stomped around with my legs. My heart-rate definitely went up, as I was a bit out of breath after a minute. I found myself stretching my jaw and face too, in my imitation of big predator. I think part of the fun of this “exercise” is figuring out afterwards what body parts I used!
- Once again, I have no idea. It did seem more animated than yesterday’s “extended table.”
Reward for Self:
- 1 more star!